04 December 2007

Ice-Cream Molds


Okay, so we had some friends around for dinner the other day and I wowed them with my dessert. I made them homemade ice-cream sandwiches, chocolate cookie with neopolitan guts. These weren't your run of the mill square or rectangle ones, they were a combination of stars, pigs, and cows. When my sister-in-law gave them to me, I looked at the adorable perfectly shaped sandwiches on the box and while loving the concept, I couldn't help but doubt that my creations would look as...well, perfect. To my surprise and my children's delight-they did. They take a bit of work but they can be made up to three days in advance and require no dishes to eat. They worked great for my little dinner party (my friends have kids) not only for that personal Martha Stewart over-achieving touch, but not having to use any dishes was a big plus since I am going on week 2 with no dishwasher. My friends attempted to recreate the dessert using their own means. After much laughter, they decided to buy themselves some ice-creams molds for christmas.

No comments: